Asset Management Toolkit (AMT), is an Asset Management and Energy Efficiency Toolkit, which use three-phase voltage and current signals to diagnose existing electrical and mechanical problems.
Check-Up for Motor Driven Equipment – routine check-up and early diagnosis of equipment prevents catastrophic damages and helps to reduce energy consumption and operating costs.
HOW IT WORKS
Asset Management Toolkit (AMT) is equipped with a computer, which is optional as the client can also supply their own PC, meeting the required specifications if preferred, fully functional AES software for AMT Toolkit hardware, current transformers, and cables.
Asset Management Toolkit (AMT) is connected to motor cables using clamp-on current sensors and voltage cables. It collects data from motor driven systems and also has the ability to measure equipment driven by the motor, for example, a gearbox, and saves it to an SQL database. At the end of the testing period, the toolkit generates a condition assessment report, which indicates existing faults of the system, time to failure information, recommended corrective actions, and effects of these faults on energy efficiency.
- Loose foundation/components
- Transmission faults
- Driven equipment faults
- Bearing faults
- Rotor faults
- Stator/insulation faults
- Voltage unbalance
- Current unbalance
- Internal and external electrical faults
- High energy consumption
- Low efficiency
- Cavitation in pumps
- Flow turbulence in fans, blowers
- Filter and heat exchanger fouling
- Oversize/undersize motors
- RMS values of three phase voltages and currents
- Power factor
- Active power
- Reactive power
- Total Harmonic Distortion
- Harmonics up to 13th
- Voltage and current balances
WHAT ARE THE KEY BENEFITS OF THE ASSET MANAGEMENT AND ENERGY EFFICIENCY TOOLKIT?
- Immediate payback by corrective action
- Instant condition assessment report
- Advanced analysis and reporting
- No sensors on motor or equipment
- Improved efficiency and reliability of plant and processes
- Increased machine availability
- Classification of data into companies and motors
- Instant Condition Assessment Report
- Instant PSD download for frequency spectrum analyses
- Instant voltage-current waveform download
Current Transformers included in the Asset Management Toolkit (AMT)
- 4 sets split-core current transformers
- 400/5A, 300/5A, 200/5A, and 100/5A, Class 1
- Frequency range 50/60 Hz
- System rated voltage 0.72/3kV
- Isolation voltage 3kV (1 minute)
- Continuous current 1.2xrated current
Taking corrective action for existing equipment faults will eliminate unplanned downtime, improve energy efficiency, reduce maintenance cost and extend equipment lifetime.
Motor-driven systems consume 66% of the electrical energy in an industrial plant. Any improvement can yield a considerable amount of energy saving.
Operations and Maintenance
It has been estimated that Operations and Maintenance programs targeting energy efficiency can save up to 20% on energy bills without a significant capital investment. From small to large sites, these savings can represent thousands to hundreds-of-thousands of Rand each year, and many can be achieved with minimal cash outlays.
Asset Management Toolkit (AMT), can be used in all industrial sectors ranging from; Oil & Gas, Energy, Cement, Metal, Pharmaceutical, Automotive, Water, Transportation, Food & Beverages, Building and more.
Applications typically range from; compressors, fans, pumps, conveyors, generators to motor driven equipment.
The Asset Management Toolkit (AMT) is compact in size, 550x310x190mm, and the unit comes in a handy protective dust and waterproof case.
CIS Industrial Services (Pty) Ltd – Plant Uptime, Plant Safety, Asset Reliability!